Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bad Customer Service Makes me Swear

Bad customer service makes me swear. It really does.

There are three things that piss me off primarily:-
-    Slow response times.
-    Rudeness.
-    Completely inaccurate responses.

If you pay for a service or a product you should surely have the right to a reasonable level of support. Take a couple of recent examples.

I filed a support ticket in Second Life a while back – 3 and a half weeks later, I get a response. Now, the response was satisfactory, resolved my problem and was what I wanted to hear from the support team. But my waiting time wasn’t. Is there ever an excuse for it to take so long?

Another example... I bought a laptop that was supposed to be delivered within 5 working days. 2 weeks later, I received it – but it wouldn’t power on. Called up support, got a rude and ignorant woman on the phone who told me, “You’re not doing it right,” to which I responded, “How many ways are there to press a power button?” I was passed around to 4 different people before finally being told I could send it back – and having to wait almost a month for a new one.

Grr... like I said, bad customer service makes me swear [insert a series of cuss words].
Rant over.

No comments: