Friday, May 21, 2010

Word of the Day - Bitterness

Dedicated to those who just can't stand to see happiness....

BITTERNESS: "resentment: a feeling of deep and bitter anger and ill-will."

Let's take a look at some synonyms: resentment, acrimony, sullenness, hostility, anger, animosity.



Anyway, don't you just hate it when people just cannot be happy for you because of their own self-pitying ways, people who once called you their friend, who once pretended to give a shit?

Thankfully, I have plenty more who actually are happy for me.

I measure the quality of person on that, on how happy they are for someone moving on to something great in their lives. I measure how good a friend or how loyal someone is based on how they respond to good news you share with them - not just based on what they say, but based on what they do too.

Actions speak so much louder than words, after all.

We're having amazing weather here this Friday in the UK, something that looks set to continue into next week. I'm going to take my girl, my son and my dogs and I'm going to head to one of the beaches along the North East coast of the UK for some fun.

Life is good, grand in fact.

No comments: