Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Whoah, whoah, no comprendo

Why is it that men and women just seem to end up with crossed wires so freakin' often? It's like nature was having a really good laugh when it decided to make us the same species, thus similar enough to really kinda like one another, but different enough that sometimes it's like communicating in different languages?

Examples? Sure!

SHE SAYS: "Does my bum look big in this?"
HE HEARS: "Does my bum look big in this."
SHE MEANS: "Do I look beautiful? Tell me I look great!"
HE ANSWERS: "No dear."

He tells you her that her ass looks great, she takes it to mean that he's indifferent about how she looks. What is with that?

Men need to hear things as they are - and we take what you say as you say it.

If you say, "If you go out tonight, I'm not going to speak to you for a week," we take that to mean, "If you go out tonight, I'm not going to speak to you for a week." We don't take it as the watered down version you use hours later when you've calmed down: "I'd prefer it, darling, if you stayed in and spent some time with me."

I don't blame women. Honestly. And I'd hope they don't blame us. But men and women speak in different languages sometimes... I just wish someone would release a bloody translation guide!

2 comments:

Orchid said...

just curious at what point the 'meaning' of what the girl said was clear to the male... If the intended 'am I beautiful' was immediately obvious as the 'meaning'... why the hell would you say 'No dear'???

Josue Habana said...

Haha unfortunately those are the things that only become evident after we have answered the actual, vocally asked question!