Friday, August 6, 2010

The Post Holiday Smiles

My son is on cloud 9. In fact, since we went away for a couple of weeks he's been happier than I have seen him in a year. He enjoyed the holiday, the sunshine, the sand, sea and swimming immensely and I enjoyed showing him a place that has been special to me since I was his age.

He didn't want to leave and we did have tears at the airport! However, now we're back in rainy Manchester the tears have stopped and instead he is looking forward to the next time he can go. In much the same way that I feel revitalised after a couple of weeks free of work, he experienced the same rejuvenation of his smile after a couple of weeks from his worries.

I know he'llnever get over losing her.... and it will always hurt in some ways, but it's almost a year since his Mum died now. And perhaps he's starting to believe truly in the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: