Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Little Princess


My world...



My little girl is just over 6 months old now. She has been the most amazing addition to my life. Both my wife and our son were as excited as I was to have her in our lives. I fell in love with her the second she was placed in my arms. That feeling of protectiveness was overwhelming. There was this tiny little human being who depended on me for everything. She is so beautiful, she's got cute chubby cheeks and the sweetest little smile. Being woken up in the middle of the night is all worthwhile when I pick her up out of her cot and see that little smile beaming back at me, those beautiful dark eyes twinkling and feel those chubby little fingers grab onto my clothes. She grips me as though she will never let me go. And I hold her much the same way.

She's a Daddy's girl. The gurgles and giggles as we cuddle up on the sofa in the evenings. Chloe laughs  as she says,

"Ah yes, cry all day, my little darling but as soon as Daddy's home you're happy as can be!" 

She adores her big brother too. She smiles at him like he's the best thing on the planet. He loves it so much. He'll protect her as I do. I see that when I watch him holding her as though she's the most precious thing in the world to him.

"She's beautiful, Dad," he said to me last night as we put her down to sleep.

God help anyone who tries to mess with her when she's older...they'll have her big bro to deal with ;-)

Anyway, this was just a gushing post. I might just be the luckiest fella on the planet, you know.


No comments: