Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Connections


Every now and then, you meet somebody you connect with (platonically or romantically) in a special kind of way.

We look at people all day long, but how many do we really see?
We listen to people all day long, but how many do we really hear?
We think of people all day long, but how many do we really feel?

It’s rare that two people connect on every single level and I think a part of a connection like that has to be instant. Its depth will increase over time, but I think the foundations of connections like that are immediate.

Of the three women I have ever been in love with, I knew within moments of first encountering them that there was a connection. I saw them in a light nobody else in that room did and they saw me the same way. They asked questions I wasn’t used to being asked, said things that just woke something up within me.

3 times in my life.

And I feel lucky. Because that’s 3 times more than some people ever experience it.

Human connection. It’s poetic, isn’t it?

No comments: