Saturday, November 19, 2011

Home

Home is where I find her
Standing, smiling, holding child
A beautiful reminder…

…that everything is perfect.


I had a wonderfully productive week on business in North America building a very useful business relationship with some companies out there. It was great (but cold!) and I achieved more this week than I anticipated.

But boy am I glad to be home.

As I crept into the house at 5.30am I was expecting dark and silence. Everyone would be asleep, I was sure.

But I was wrong.

The little one had woken for a feed and this had woken up my oldest son who, realising I was due home soon, decided he was staying up. So as I pulled up in the driveway I noticed the living room light on. I walked in to my boy in his PJs, my wife in hers, the fire on and our baby daughter cooing away to herself.

Home.

I was only away 6 days but I missed them all so much. I spent most evenings in a hotel room on Skype talking to them all but it just isn’t the same as being able to cuddle up with them. So I made us all hot chocolate, we cuddled up on the couch and caught up before going back to bed shortly after.

I am tired today but that doesn’t stop me feeling like the luckiest guy on the planet.

No comments: