Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Quick Thought on Riots...

I’ve been shocked and saddened by the mass rioting in the UK... obviously in particular here in Manchester. As I left the office at 6:30pm yesterday I was absolutely appalled to see children and teenagers breaking into shops and looting.

This is NOT a political riot. It’s an excuse for delinquent and uncontrolled youths (for the most part) to steal and terrorise.

Perhaps the most concerning thing for me was how young some of these kids were. Some looked only a couple of years older than my 7 year old son. Why were they not at home, safe and having dinner with their families?

I completely disagree with the sentiment that ‘Britain is broken.’ This was a minority of thugs. The community clear ups that followed today were proof of that. I also completely disagree with ‘sympathisers’ who blame these yobs’ behaviour on the fact they are socially excluded and without opportunities.
Opportunity does not just turn up on your doorstep with a bouquet of flowers, you know. You have to work for it. And you can start by going to school, learning a little respect and getting a decent education. How dare they blame society or the Government for their own pathetic lack of morals?

Manchester will not be broken by delinquent little trouble causers.

No comments: