Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Week of Learning


I had an amazing (albeit hectic) week this week.

On Monday evening, I went to London for a SEO convention (SES). I was there for the three main days Tues, Weds and Thurs and then I also stayed around for the Friday online marketing summit.

What an educational experience that was! I felt like my head was going to explode with all the information – in a good way though!

The only downside was just how much I missed my little boy and my beautiful Chloe. It was really difficult being away from the two of them all week. I spent a few hours on the phone each night but it was, of course, not the same.

I’ve never really experienced that feeling – missing someone (romantically) like I missed Chloe this week. Sure, I’ve missed people, but I’ve never been in a position before where waking up without someone feels like waking up without a limb. It’s painful – but equally beautiful. She’s so much a part of me that being without her is just alien.

We moved house a couple of weeks ago and our little boy is loving the garden. He and Chloe built a bird house while I was away this week. He sits at the kitchen window gazing out and just waiting for birds to feed from the house.

He’s a happy boy. And that makes two of us :)

No comments: