Sunday, April 7, 2013

Love Yourself


When I met my now wife, Chloe, she was, as she is now, a beautiful UK size 14 (US size 12). She felt insecure about her weight for the longest time and, before our wedding, she took to an intense diet and exercise regime.

She lost weight, dropping from a 14 (US 12) to a size 10/12 (8/10). And she was happy, briefly.

But she soon became obsessed even after the wedding with calorie counting. We’ve always eaten relatively healthily anyway, but she took to stopping herself having meals out a lot of time and generally became a bit unhappy with her regime.

With two babies under her belt these days, she’s back at a size 14. We’re healthy. We exercise regularly, we eat balanced meals. She just naturally sits at a size 14 and she’s beautiful for it.

Today, as she tried on a new dress for a friend’s wedding next weekend, I told her:

“You look incredible.”

“Thank you,” she responded. “I think this is the happiest I’ve ever been with my body.”

I’m so thrilled she finally feels content. She’s not stick thin. She’s not meant to be stick thin. She’s healthy, feminine, curvy and beautiful.

I love her for it. But most importantly (and it’s taken her years) she finally loves herself for it too.

No comments: