Thursday, April 11, 2013

Faith Restored


She told me I’d return to God again when the time was right for me. She told me He’d wait for me.

At the time, of course, I ignored the idea.

But my Mother was right.

I started going to church again a couple of months ago. At first, it was to accompany my Sister and Wife and to give my eldest son the opportunity of exposure to the Catholic Faith my family lived so staunchly by. I believe him to have sufficient intelligence, common sense of individual sense of identity that he will make up his own mind about God. But I owe him exposure – I owe him visibility over Faith so he can make an informed decision.

I say ‘at first’ it was for those reasons because I now find myself returning weekly, praying at home and having internal conversations with God.

I believe again. It didn’t happen overnight. It was a gradual reintroduction to a God who was really always there for me despite my rejection of Him.

I’m not a perfect Catholic. But I am working on it.

No comments: