Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Here Comes Summer

It's been almost 2 months since I updated this blog. Time flies... it feels like just a few days ago!

My daughter is now crawling. What fun that's made for. It's amazing just how many 'things' babies manage to get their hands on around the house. Her preferred 'things to grab' include hair, the dogs, her big brother's books and flowers. So far :)

She's so beautiful. She sleeps through the night most nights now, waking at around 5:30 or 6. I love hearing her gurgling and mumbling to herself first thing in the morning. She usually wakes just as I am getting up so I peer over her cot and watch her smile. She's starting to make word-like sounds. Not words yet, but she's getting there. She raises her hands up when she sees me in a 'pick me up' motion. And she and I have half hour or so in the living room before waking Mummy up. That's plenty of time for a nappy change, some baby breakfast and some cuddles. Those moments are so precious to me.

Then I get my son up and he and I both have 'grown up' breakfast together. He gets ready and I drive him to school. It's much nicer in the lighter months too... he's happier getting up early and the impending summer feeling makes the morning more energetic. By the time I get to work, I've already had well over an hour of quality time with my children. It makes the day start right for me.

I recently cut my hours in the office back - I worked hard to get my business to a point at which I can enjoy a little more family time and now I'm cashing in on that. This will be the summer for me and my family. I'll be at home more and we have big plans. We're going to go on holidays to the Canaries for a week or so, we're going to do a couple of weekends away in the UK as well. We're going to spend time outside with the dogs, visit zoos and museums. It's our summer.

And I can't wait for it :)

No comments: