Friday, January 27, 2012

When Things Work Out


I’ve been really fortunate over the last year to see so many of my friends and family enjoying life… getting good things, achieving awesomeness and generally getting all the greatness I know they deserve.

And when things just ‘work out’ it makes absolutely everything bad they had to go through seem like a distant memory. Allow me to give my favourite example:

My Sister
Fell pregnant (unplanned) to an asshole boyfriend. That was not great. On the flip side, it led to my beautiful nephew and he has made her the happiest woman on the planet.

She split with the Father of her son and he decided he wanted nothing to do with his son. On the flip side, my sister met an awesome guy who treats her son as his own.

Awesome guy was homesick and moved back to Brazil. Hideous for her. But then he came back and (very romantically) just turned up on her doorstep telling her he misses her and her son too much to be away. They will marry in March.

It’s always shit to have to experience break ups, deaths, loss, stress, financial hardship or pain of any kind. But without it, could we really ever fully appreciate what we have? It took my sister enduring a relationship with a waste of space to fully appreciate a nice guy. It took them losing one another to fully appreciate how much they want one another.

I look at my situation – my wife, my beautiful children, business and home… and I look at where I was a few years back and how dark it all seemed. I feel as though I appreciate what I have so much more than I think I otherwise would have.

My friends (online and offline) who I see thriving in their lives and genuinely experiencing happiness are benefitting from what I like to consider good karma. These are good people who deserve good things.

I love it when things work out.

No comments: